Terms and Conditions of Barrakee Beach House
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Barrakee Beach House and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date unless prior arrangements have been made with the manager.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure is via keyless entry. Codes are provided once all monies are paid and just prior to your arrival.
• A deposit of 30% (minimum), must be received within 3 days after the Booking is taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Final payment is due 30 days prior to commencement of rental for peak seasons – 14 days prior for Easter and shoulder season and 7 days for off peak.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking may be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
• We accept payment by direct deposit into our bank account.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on 0425756331
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded any amount greater than the 30% deposit.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• An administration charge of $100 will be charged for any variation.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses.
• We have a minimum stay policy - no refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A bond payment of $750 is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements. Please clean the BBQ after use or advise us if you would prefer the housekeeper to clean the BBQ for a fee of $70. We do provide a cleaning service but any additional cleaning will be charged at $45.00 per hour.
If more than eight quests stay overnight at Barrakee Beach House, this will result in immediate termination and eviction and forfeiture of the bond.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
• We, the owner of the property cannot be held responsible for failure or interruption to power or services to the property for reasons beyond our control.
• To the fullest extent permitted by law, we the owner disclaim all warranties in relation to the provision of services and the use of the property, and otherwise our liability is limited at our option to the supply of the relevant services again or the payment of the cost of having services provided to you.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties, functions and schoolies are strictly prohibited.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply bed linen, pillows, blankets and bath towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Beach towels are not included.
• Pets are not allowed at the Property
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• The rubbish collection is on Wednesday morning so please make sure to leave the bins kerbside on Tuesday night. Any rubbish inside the house must be placed in the bins outside prior to departure. Any extra rubbish removal will be charged for at an additional $50 per bag.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this as soon as practicable. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at manager's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Management requests all Guests to use all utilities including power and water in a responsible manner.
• Guests are required to monitor the safety and wellbeing of all users of the spa equipment and to ensure that the safety barrier is maintained.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Guests may not engage in any illegal activity at the property.
• The owner of the property may need access to the property occasionally. We will notify you by email or phone at least 24 hours prior, unless we have made verbal arrangements or it is a matter or urgency. If however we have reason to believe that the property is being used for any reason that contravenes our Terms and Conditions we reserve the right to enter the property without notice.
• Barrakee Beach House should be left clean and tidy, with all dishes washed and the BBQ cleaned, if used - otherwise you will incur a $70 fee for BBQ cleaning. We do provide a cleaning service but any additional cleaning will be charged at $45.00 per hour.
• All furniture and furnishings must remain in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All appliances and lights turned off and all windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be left as instructed by Management.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $100.
• Smoking is not permitted in the Property.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.